Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stan's new bike

For Christmas Eric gave his Dad a nice tractor sized bicycle saddle with the assumption that his aging father’s derrière was getting soft and needed something a little (no, actually a lot) softer than a standard road bike saddle.
Actually my derrière is tougher than he thinks so I went to the bike store for an exchange. Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea.

To make a long story (?) short I ended up trading in the “tractor cushion” for a new bike. The reliable old one has seen a lot of miles and it seemed like a good idea (at least at the time) to have a replacement for those days when the bike needs to be in the shop. The new one is an updated version of the old one and here it is:

Sean checks it out. Stan and Colette admire it (each other?)

If the weather holds up (its been “bitter cold” here, not getting much above 60 degrees during the day and getting down into the mid-30’s at night) the new bike will get its first real ride this Saturday. Speaking of derrières, I thought I was going to freeze mine right off the past few days when I was out riding at 5:00 a.m. – crazy?
Love you all!


5 comments:

LilJ said...

And what a nice bike it is...when sitting on it I actually felt short. I guess thats one way to keep me from using your things!

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

A bike seat for a bike. Seems like a good trade! Wow, Eric, that was a generous gift!

Amy said...

Um, a bike seat for a bike? That must have been a pretty sweet deal they had going on at the bike store :)

Faceless Ghost said...

Cold? Cold! If it were 60 degrees here, I'd be riding in short sleeves.

Kelsey said...

Time for a new post, Dad!